Plaza Indonesia Jakarta, Indonesia
Cogeneration units to power largest Indonesian residential and commercial complex
Constant electricity shortages are a reality in Indonesia. To provide a continuous power supply to the Plaza Indonesia, Navigat Energy installed a new onsite power plant with GE Jenbacher gas engines as part of a multi-year expansion of the complex, which features a five-star hotel, shopping and entertainment center, office building, and residential facility.
Plaza Indonesia’s 24.58 MW power plant consists of nine GE Jenbacher natural gas-fueled JGS 620 GS-N.L generator sets that provide both reliable and economic onsite power for the entire complex, with an efficiency of 42.1%. By using natural gas, Plaza Indonesia generates distributed power that is from a cleaner source than what the grid supplies. All of the electricity will be used to support the power requirements of the complex. Navigat Energy’s onsite power solutions are well-suited for Indonesia due to the country’s abundant natural gas supply, combined with a growing demand by the commercial and industrial sectors for more reliable, cost-effective electricity. The plant demonstrates how Indonesian companies are looking at innovative ways to provide continuous power supplies for their operations, since the national grid is unable to meet the continuing growing demand for electricity. This project reflects the increasingly important role that distributed energy applications will play throughout the entire Asian region.
The complex expansion is one of Asia’s most prestigious developments. With 220,000 square meters in gross area, the project integrates a six-story retail and cinema complex, a 41-story office tower and an exclusive, 48-story apartment complex adjacent to the existing facilities.
- Provides continuous power supplies for their operations since the national grid is unable to meet the continuously growing demand for electricity
- Onsite power generation is reliable and cost efficient
- Natural gas will allow power to be generated from a cleaner source than what the grid supplies
- The plant generates a total of 24.58 MW of electricity with an efficiency of 42.1%
- The patented LEANOX® lean mixture combustion reduces emissions
- Long component life time allows long service intervals
KEY TECHNICAL DATA:
|Number of units and engine type:||9 X JGS 620 GS-N.L|
|Electrical output:||24.58 MW|
|Emissions:||500 mg/Nm3 NOx|